The Central Committee consists of two (2) members from each of the 15 US Congressional Districts. Four (4) of the members are elected as the Central Committee officers (Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer). The Central Committee is similar to a corporation’s board of directors and elects the Executive Committee (Officers in the corporate world) who are responsible for day to day operations of the Party.
- All Committee members must be Supporting Members of the Party as defined in Article II Section 1 of the LPO Constitution.
- All Committee members shall be an Ohio resident and qualified elector of the district from which they are elected.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend all meetings of the Central Committee (Typically three a year).
- Participate in between meeting business on-line as defined in our SOP’s.
- Attend the LPO State Convention when held in even number years.
- Represent the Libertarians of your district to the committee.
Election Information and Application Deadlines
- Elections will be held in each district between Saturday July 30th and Sunday August 14th 2022, to be announced on the party Facebook page and other means.
- Candidates MUST submit their application through this posting no later than JUNE 15TH 2022.
- Elections will include NOTA (none of the above), and will be tabulated using IRV (instant run off) voting.
- Top 2 vote winners in each district are seated on the Central Committee. Winners will be notified no later than August 20th 2022.
- Organizational meeting for the new term, which is where we elect officers, will be AUGUST 27TH 2022.
Find your new Ohio Congressional District
Use this link, and enter your address on that page, to find your current US Congressional District in Ohio.