The Political Director will work directly with the Executive Committee Chair and Vice-Chair
to develop and implement a political plan. The Political Director will be responsible for
identifying opportunities for growth, developing and meeting weekly and long-term goals,
and overseeing the LPO Political Staff. During election season, the Political Director
will be responsible for working directly with the Victory Director to develop and implement a
statewide Victory election plan. During Legislative Session, the Political Director will be
responsible for monitoring and implementing a plan to carry out the LPO Legislative
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and will possess a strong interest in
politics, building Libertarian infrastructure, and promoting Libertarian candidates in the state
of Ohio. In addition, candidates must demonstrate a history of hard work and willingness to
work – including evenings and weekends. Previous campaign experience is
required and a Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Previous management experience is
preferred. Experience with a CRM a plus.
- Develop weekly and long-term goals for party growth, voter identification and registration.
- Analyze district information, candidate and campaign aptituide in order to make recommendations for resource allocation.
- Assist in developing short and long-term messaging strategy for LPO.
- Develop and implement statewide grassroots engagement programs to ensure party growth.
- Create and manage statewide voter registration and GOTV strategies.
- Coordinate with local, regional and statewide general election campaigns.
- Manage engagement staff and provide guidance to ensure successful programs.
- Work with other Directors to stay in regular contact with the State Executive Committee members and County Chairs.
- Monitor and oversee progress during the Legislative Session to advocate for LPO Legislative Priorities.
- Assist with state convention as duties are assigned by the Chair.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Chair or Vice Chair.