The Central Committee consists of two (2) members from each Congressional District. Four (4) of the members are elected as the Central Committee officers (Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer). The Central Committee is similar to a corporation’s board of directors and elects the Executive Committee (Officers in the corporate world) who are responsible for day to day operations of the Party. This job listing is for those who wish to apply to fill a vacancy in the Central Committee. Visit our Controlling Committees page to see what seats are currently available.
- All Committee members must be Supporting Members of the Party as defined in Article II Section 1 of the LPO Constitution.
- All Committee members shall be a resident and qualified elector of the district from which they are elected.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend all meetings of the Central Committee (Typically three a year)
- Participate in between meeting business on-line as defined in our SOP’s
- Attend the LPO State Convention when held in even number years.
- Represent the Libertarians of your district to the LPO