Our mission is to defend the freedom and increase liberty of all Ohioans. We hope to accomplish this by recruiting Libertarian candidates for public office, educating the public about our principles, growing our membership, and winning elections.
The Libertarian Party of Ohio promotes and defends the following principles:
- Freedom of speech, religion, and association
- Constitutionally-limited government
- Minimal taxation and balanced budgets
- Property rights
- Sovereignty of the State from unconstitutional federal interference
- Sovereignty of the Republic from unconstitutional international interference
- The Second Amendment and the absolute right to self defense
- A true free market economy
- Personal privacy and the Fourth Amendment
- A strong national defense through a Constitutional foreign policy
- An end to government corruption
- The assurance that no individual, corporation or government is above the rule of law
- The end of prohibition on all personal activities that do not infringe upon the rights of others.
Our party leaders focus on:
The Libertarian Party of Ohio continues to pressure all three branches of Ohio’s government, working to ensure Ohio voters have the option to vote for liberty instead of the two 19th century bi-government parties currently in control our state.
Electing Libertarian Candidates
Our party’s most essential task is the election of Libertarian candidates so they may protect our freedoms.
We appreciate and encourage financial assistance from Ohioans who support our party and want to see us succeed.
Build the LPO Organization
The LPO works tirelessly to maintain and grow our party at the state, county, and local level in order to elect candidates, recruit volunteers, and be a watchdog for liberty throughout the state.
Communicate, Educate & Coordinate
We continue to promote the ideas and principles of liberty in the media, and network with other liberty-minded groups who are likely to support our mission and our candidates.
The LPO has new leadership, a bold vision, and a renewed determination to achieve these goals. All we need now is YOU!